Tuesday, April 27, 2010

IntroductionI

Today I am in the start up of my new blog and will give you an introduction about "Days of Discipline" and what this blog will entail. On Saturday, May 1st I will embark upon a 30 day journey of practicing and implementing discipline in my life. I am calling it Days of Discipline because believe it or not I am a pretty smart person, I know what to do to live a good and healthy life, for some reason though, I don't do it....at least not on a daily and consistent basis. I have decided to commit to the month of May to be focused on implementing some real hard core discipline in my life and I am sharing with you to help keep me a focused, accountable, and who knows I may just inspire you to also practice a little discipline in your life.

Here are the 6 areas of discipline I will be practicing:
1. Daily Prayer. I believe without this then this journey will not be doable. Also I am doing implementing these days of discipline to be a better person, and I know the man above can help me. While a lot of my journey will be working towards being a better looking and feeling person - really I want to be a better person all around. I want to be more generous and thinking of others and in my daily prayers I am going to reflect truely on others around me that need more prayers than I do...
2. No alcohol. This one is going to be a challeng because I do love my wine at night...but for the next 30 days I am cutting it out. No ifs, ors, or buts - there will be no alcohol the next 30 days....it is time to commit to and just do it. I can, I know it!
3. Food journaling. The next 30 days I will keep a detailed food log to really assess and see all that I am consuming. A daily goal of 1500 - 1800 calories a day is set.
4. Minimum of 60 minutes of exercise, with a real goal of 90 minutes at least 4 times a week.
5. 4 liters of water a day.
6. Daily supplement routine.

As you can see most of this journey is on becoming leaner and fitter - however the core of everything will come from prayer and if I do have an outward transformation I really am hoping more to have an transformation of my heart to think of others more often.

As of today my weight is 158.5 I will probably track that daily as well.

Stay tuned to hear about days of discipline and if you want to join me please do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment